We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
The Ultimate Guide to Packing Your Carry On for a 5 Day Trip
We are talking carry on packing today! Why? Because lugging around oversized luggage is a pain. It’s more expensive and will take you more time to go through the airport. Do you ever see those tiny, neatly packed carry-on bags people have with them and wonder how?
Well, today I’m spilling secrets on how you can get away with packing for 5 DAYS in one carry-on bag! Excited?
Here we go…
Picking the Right Carry-On
Which one, which one? There are tons of styles. Some are Shoulder bags, some stroll away, some look like oversized laptop bags, some are mini luggage. Here’s a quick roundup of my favorite carry-on bags from Amazon:
Rockland Luggage 2-Piece Set
This 2-piece luggage set comes in like 20 colors, no joke. This is great because it’s a 2-piece set, in case you need a little extra storage space. It’s super popular on Amazon and has top reviews!
Yes! What you’ll love? The color of course. You can’t miss your bag with this gorgeous, stand out color. It’s super durable, lightweight, and also comes in like 20 different colors, though this orange shade is one of my faves.
It’s stylish and designer. It’s roomy, lined, convenient and flexible. You really can’t go wrong. Choose from 9 pretty colors including my 2 faves: cobalt blue and purple. Consumers love it because it looks tiny but holds a lot. One reviewer fit all this in her suitcase:
3 large print books and 1 paperback
7 inch Sewercide record
2 pairs of sandals
7 girlie cut shirts
5 band t-shirts
3 tank tops
3 pairs of yoga pants
5 pairs of shorts
4 Victoria Secret Bras- with padding
7 pairs of socks
Pullover Exhumed hoodie
Death fabric poster
Makeup bag and 1 urban decay eye shadow palette
Crazy amazing storage for sure. This is a favorite!
How to Pack for 5 Days
Now that we’ve looked at some cool carry-ons, read on to learn how to pack the right way for 5 days.
First, evaluate your trip.
- Is this trip for business or pleasure?
- Where is your destination?
- What time of year is it?
- What amenities do your accommodations provide?
- How will you commute?
This is super important because you wanna determine how to pack. For example, a business trip will require different packing than a summer vacation. Make sense? Next, get packing.
Second, get packing.
You want to pack 5 outfits with the ability to mix and match garments to create even more outfits, if needed. What does this mean?
You will pack items that go together. That means neutrals, accessories like cardigans or scarves, lightweight items like camisoles in different colors, etc. The idea is to create more with less.
Third, pack pretty.
Thats just what I mean. If you messily fold and press down your clothes, not only will you get wrinkly clothes but you’ll have less room to pack everything. Take your time and fold. Need help?
This BoxLegend Clothes Folder is everything! Literally. I’ve had one of these for years. It’s super easy to use and you get perfectly folded clothes EVERY.SINGLE.TIME! This will help you neatly pack your bag.
Next, a huge list of additional helpful tips to pack well:
- Pack nook n’ cranny style: stuff socks in shoes, put bras in pockets, basically fill every possible hole and spot with your necessities.
- Rolling: Try rolling your clothes instead of folding. Some claim you can pack double the amount of stuff just by using this packing method.
- Take advantage of hotel amenities: Hotel carries toiletries? Great, don’t bring your soap or shampoo. Room comes with slippers and a robe? Perfect, skip these items to pack. Get it?
- Your plane outfit counts as an outfit: So pack one less outfit.
- Everything doesn’t need to be packed: Your chargers, tablet, and other goods can travel on you!
- Only one bag!
- Only one pair of jeans!
- Wear heavy, pack light: Wear your heaviest garments like cardigan, tennis shoes, etc. and pack your lighter items like leggings or dresses in your carry-on. Saves space big time.
There you have it, it can be done. You can pack for 5, 7, or even 10 days following these tips. Want more?
Got tips? Share your experience with us on facebook, we’d love to hear More!